Sunday, June 2, 2013

It all started with a picture...

image.jpeg
The day before our team's departure for a week of work in Nicaragua I got an email from Brenda Rose (our MVI missionary in Matagalpa) with a request for a favor. Seemed simple enough, they need a new fuel pump for a 2004 Ford F250 deisel truck.  They couldn't find one in Nicaragua or Honduras. She also sent a picture of the part. So I went to the local auto parts chain store and the helpful person looked up the part. Unfortunately the part that the computers said I needed looked nothing like the picture (double checked at two different stores...). So picture this: Friday night I'm having a Skype video call with Brenda (who like me knows nothing about cars), and Enrique (the mechanic who doesn't speak English), and Pedro who speaks English and Spanish. I'm holding up the part I bought, and they are trying to figure out if it will work. It was pretty comical. Long-story-short, I ended up bringing the part (glad TSA didn't think it was a bomb!). Stay tuned; we'll see if it works...  This is a good illustration of some of the challenges of working in Nicaragua.

After a long but pretty smoth day of travel the team arrived safely at the Hotel Fountain Blue just after midnight this am (2am Eastern time). All our gear and supplies made it through customs. Praise God! Today we'll worship with our friends at FBC Matagalpa and tomorrow will  begin our clinics and VBS. Thank you for your prayers. Hasta Luego!
Rhett

No comments:

Post a Comment